- One-piece Asymmetrical Neck: Michael's special neck shape that promotes good playing technique and minimizes fatigue.
- MTD Quick Release Bridge: Killer set-up flexibility, great sustain, makes string changing a breeze.
- Ergonomically Carved Body: Great access to upper frets, Great balance on a strap.
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System: Play in tune anywhere on the neck, Preferred by pro players.
- 24 Medium Jumbo Frets: Perfect size for all techniques and set-ups, and long-wearing
Heir 4-string Fretless, Ebonol Fingerboard, Tobacco Sunburst finish. The Kingston Heir basses were designed for the player looking for an extremely versatile instrument. Using the same large pole, dual humbucking pickups as the Kingston Artist in addition to an exposed pole “J” bass pickup, the Heir can grind and bite or simply serve up the warm classic sounds bassists cherish.The Heir incorporates many of the superior design elements found on MTD's revered US-built instruments-but at a fraction of the cost. Carefully constructed using high quality Ash with a figured Maple top, Eastern Hard Rock Maple neck and beautifully finished in a stunning high gloss, the Kingston Heir was equipped to meet the demands of any serious player. Designed by master luthier Michael Tobias, the MTD Kingston Series of instruments offer enhanced playability, exceptional tone, and superior construction at a price fit for any musician. Michael has trained a team of luthiers in the fine art of building an MTD bass and the results are nothing short of his lifelong goal: creating an affordable instrument that has the look, feel, and soul of his revered American basses. The MTD Kingston Series of Instruments are carefully constructed to Michael's exacting specifications.