Songwriting Competitions and Song Contests
Songwriting Competition Listings, Song Contests
- International Songwriting Competition - Song Submission open to amateurs and pro songwriters with over $150,000 in cash & merchandise awarded. Judging panel includes renown artists and leading music industry professionals.
- USA Songwriting Competition - World's leading international songwriting competition and song contest. Your chance to be discovered by big names in the music business.
- The John Lennon Songwriting Contest - Sessions currently available for entry of songs. Open to amateur and professional songwriters and can submit in different categories. Their is an entry fee for submission.
- Unsigned Only Music Competition - Unsigned Only is a unique international music competition geared toward solo artists, bands, and singers who are not signed to a major label record company. Unsigned Only is looking for an outstanding, talented performer… the “gem” of an artist waiting to be discovered. Unsigned Only has a highly esteemed judging panel, including recording artists such as Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders), Iggy Pop, Carly Simon, Neon Trees, Kirko Bangz, Hunter Hayes, and many more. In addition to $10,000 and other great prizes, the Grand Prize winner will also receive one-on-one mentoring from high-profile music industry executives from some of the world’s top record labels including Universal Republic, Capitol, Word Label Group, and many more.
- International Movie Trailer Festival - When you enter IMTF you’re immediately a winner because your trailer will be posted in a searchable online database, where fans and producers can find your work.
- The Great American Song Contest - Designed to benefit all songwriters, lyricists, and composers who participate. Contest offers 45 awards in 9 categories. Created by songwriters. All submissions receive a written evaluation by contest judges.
- Song of the Year - International contest helping songwriters network with professionals in the music industry. Judges including famous artists, Grammy winners, and music industry pros. Each month 1 winner and 4 finalists sons from each of 10 music categories are selected and sent to major/minor record labels, publishers, and more.
- Dallas Songwriters Association - Offers different songwriter and Lyric Contests.
- We Are Listening - Exceptional panel of judges and winners flown to London to record with famous producers.
- Compo 10 - Blues Songwriting Competition.
- American Songwriter Lyric Contest - Contest has been around over 20 years. Opportunity to win prizes and recording time.
- The BOSA's - Prize packages worth 10,000 in cash, merchandise, and exposure. Contest has been around since 2000 to reward songwriters.
- Festival 4 Stars - International Songwriting Competition - There are 4 genres, Singer/songwriter, Pop/Rock, Country/Folk/World and R&B/Soul/Rap with 3 Heats throughout the year. It is open to anyone in the world with the stipulation being that the lyrics are in English. All Finalists can be heard and voted for online.
- California Song Contest - The California Song Writing Contest is a music competition for all types of Rock Music from Alternative to Modern to Hard Rock. If you write rock music, this is the song writing contest for you.
Please use your best judgement before applying to any songwriting contents. Be wary of those competiions that ask you to pay for submission. There are many scams out there, so do your research. If you make a submission of one of your songs and you get an imediate email or an email that asks you to pay further fees do some research. For the most part, you should not have to pay to submit to these competitions. Check out the Better Business Bureau for complaints at www.bbb.org. Some companies may call or contact you and ask you to pay a fee for further promotion of your songs as well. Again, research the company and be wary of paying fees for these services.