- Top Wood: 10 Top Carved Figured Maple, Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22, Scale Length:25", Truss Rod Cover:"408"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany, Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Shape: Pattern Thin, Fretboard Inlays: Birds
- Headstock Inlay: Rosewood Headstock Veneer with Inlaid Signature
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners, Bridge: PRS Tremolo
- Treble Pickup: 408 Treble, Bass Pickup: 408 Bass
- Includes: PRS Hardcase, PRS Picks, and GoDpsMusic Polish Cloth.
PRS is proud to offer a new voice with the 408 Maple Top. This inspiring new instrument brings the versatility and voicing of the Private Stock Signature and the Signature Limited Edition to PRS's Core line. PRS 408 pickups were designed to extend the guitar's tonal spectrum by narrowing the field of the bass pickup to increase its focus and widening the field of the treble pickup to increase its sound field (hence their asymmetric appearance). This pickup configuration (comprised of four coils and offering eight sounds) stems back to Paul's experimentation on the Sorcerer's Apprentice guitars in the early 1980's. Thanks to the simple but versatile switching system featuring mini-toggle switches that provide numerous combinations of hum bucking and single coil tones, the 408 Maple Top provides stunning articulation and musical clarity.