High fidelity sampler stocked with famously good sounding filters.
From E-MU Systems literature:
The E5000 Ultra provides almost all the features and expandability of the other Ultra series samplers at a greatly reduced price. This is an Ultra powerful instrument with the impeccable audio quality that has made E-MU famous. You are going to love this machine. We strive to exceed your expectations!
State of the Art Software
E5000’s powerful EOS (Emulator Operating System) incorporates a graphic user interface to make operating and programming your sampler easy and intuitive. Advanced digital signal processing features like: auto-truncation, auto-normalization and crossfade looping make sampling a breeze! EOS utilizes “Digital Modular Synthesis”, which gives you the ultimate flexibility to connect any of 56 modulations sources to 53 destination using 24 virtual patchcords. Modulation sources include three multi-stage envelope generators and two multi-wave LFOs per channel, as well as full MIDI modulation control over virtually every parameter. The digital patchbay also contains a set of arithmetic modifiers which allow you to create complex synthesis models. Check out the EOS Operation Manual on the CD-ROM that came with your unit for detailed information on all of the EOS features and how to get the most from your new E-MU product!
State of the Art Hardware
The Ultra Series’ digital hardware implements 64 “analog-sounding” Z-plane filters. Twenty one different filter types are implemented.
• 12, 24, or 36 dB/octave lowpass filters with resonance
• 2nd & 4th order highpass filters with resonance
• 2nd & 4th order bandpass filters with resonance
• Contrary bandpass filter
• Three types of swept EQ filters
• Three phasers and one flanger with resonance
• Six powerful morphing filters
The E5000 features a powerful new 32-bit RISC processor, for blazing fast MIDI response, quicker editing, and improved SCSI and SMDI transfers.
The modular design of E5000 lets you add hardware features as you need without paying for features you don't. For starters, the E5000 contains an incredible 64 channels of polyphony (32 stereo).
The E5000 Ultra sampler is 16 part multi-timbral, for complex sequencing and sound effects creation, and can be remote controlled by an external computer using SMDI. The optional 2nd MIDI port will allow E5000 to receive 32 MIDI channels instead of the normal sixteen channels.
Built-in Digital Effects
A high quality internal effects processor adds reverb and chorus effects while keeping the sound in the digital domain. 76 different effects are implemented and there are several controllable parameters for each effect. Sounds with effects applied can easily be resampled and then saved as an entirely new sound with ambience and effects included.
All the Ultra Series samplers have full access to the huge library of sounds available from E-mu and many other sources. It is fully compatible with the legendary Ultra, E-IV, e-64, EIII, EIIIX and ESI libraries, and can transparently read Emax II, Akai S1000/S1100/S3000 and Roland S-760 banks without awkward conversion routines.
Sounds and Sampling
The E5000 comes standard with 16 Megabytes of sample RAM. Sampling is a standard feature with selectable sample rates of 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz. The D/A converters and the stereo Sigma-Delta A/D converter are 20-bit linear. Sampling can be performed in either mono or true stereo. Sample RAM can be expanded up to 128 MB using standard SIMM modules. With fully expanded memory, the E5000 Ultra provides over 24 minutes of sampling time! An internal expansion socket allows you to install up to 32 MB of sample ROM, which is instantly ready to use. Resampling: E5000 Ultra can resample its own output in the digital domain for layering and the creation of new and exciting effects. Transposition: The E5000 Ultra is based on the latest G-chip and H-chip digital hardware. The G-chip allows smooth sample transposition over a 10- octave range while the H-chips retain the warm, musical character of traditional analog filters.
Your E5000 Ultra sampler is an extremely powerful and reliable tenth generation instrument. We at Emu sincerely hope it will help you realize and further your musical aspirations.
Available Hardware Options…
• Eight Channel Output Expander adds eight additional polyphonic output channels for a total of 12.
• The “DWAM” option adds an AES/EBU Digital Interface in order to transfer stereo digital audio between the E5000 and digital recorders, mixers, etc. An ASCII keyboard interface is also included with this option. The keyboard can control all Ultra Series front panel operations including naming and browsing.
• 32 MIDI Channel Expander option adds another MIDI In, Out and Thru port to allow 32 MIDI channel capability.
• ADAT I/O option adds 16 digital outputs and 8 digital inputs using the Alesis ADAT™ optical digital format.
• Internal Hard Disk option lets you add an internal hard disk to Ultra Series for convenient storage and retrieval of sounds.
• Several Flash/ROM options add a 8, 16, or 32 Megabyte ROM or a Flash ROM SIMM. ROM SIMMs add permanent onboard sound banks. The Flash option allows you to create your own custom sample bank.
Listed via the Reverb App