For quite a few years, across most of the gear forums I offered my custom mod & repair service for the Line 6 XX4 series of pedals (including the DL4, MM4, FM4, etc.) At one point I was doing a pretty good job of keeping up with demand, but in the last few years my day job (not guitar/gear related) has taken over, and combined with a busy family life & playing in a local band, I hardly have any time left for my beloved DL4s. About the Kits:
I still get quite regular requests from folks who'd like to modify or repair their pedals, so I've continued to offer my DIY Kits which include the same top quality parts I've always used, prepped by myself, along with illustrated instructions and unlimited
direct e-mail support. These kits are not necessarily suggested for beginners - you should have basic soldering skills and be comfortable with modifying small electronics. Of course, there is a risk that you will damage your pedal - please do not attempt the mods if you have a problem with this.
These kits are not a stocked item, this is a VERY small operation, so I only build kits once or twice a month. As such, please let me know BEFORE ordering if you require your kit quicker than my normal 2-4wks.Included:
1) Text Instructions w/ Color Pix (now a .ZIP file via e-mail) - these are pretty detailed & include clear photos showing how the unit comes apart & goes back together, how I perform the mods, refinishing tips, etc.
2) 4x brand new rugged, chassis mounted, soft-touch momentary stomp switches pre-wired w/ high quality hook-up wire & heat shrink
3) 4x water clear, high brightness LEDs in your choice of the following colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Violet, White, Pink
5) high quality solder & de-soldering braid, heat shrink tubing
6) 27k & 30k 1% 1/4W resistors for output buffer mod
7) Unlimited e-mail support
8) S&H via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation
NOTE: This is the BASE version of my DIY Kit - if you would like the MAX version w/ the EXP & Looper mods, see my other items.
Model:DL4 Delay/Looper DIY Mod Kit
Made In:United States