- One-piece Asymmetrical Neck: Michael's special neck shape that promotes good playing technique and minimizes fatigue.
- MTD Quick Release Bridge: Killer set-up flexibility, great sustain, makes string changing a breeze.
- Ergonomically Carved Body: Great access to upper frets, Great balance on a strap.
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System: Play in tune anywhere on the neck, Preferred by pro players.
- 24 Medium Jumbo Frets: Perfect size for all techniques and set-ups, and long-wearing
"Z" 4-string Fretless, Ebonol Fingerboard, Natural Gloss Finish. The MTD Z series of basses were created for a discerning player looking for the clarity, feel and response found only in a handmade, boutique style bass. The Z basses incorporate many of the superior design elements found on MTD’s revered American series instruments - but at a truly affordable price. Carefully constructed using a high quality Mahogany core and beautifully adorned with a Burled Maple top, the Z basses marry beauty with unparallel performance. Designed by master luthier Michael Tobias, the MTD Kingston Series of instruments offer enhanced playability, exceptional tone, and superior construction at a price fit for any musician. Michael has trained a team of luthiers in the fine art of building an MTD bass and the results are nothing short of his lifelong goal: creating an affordable instrument that has the look, feel, and soul of his revered American basses. The MTD Kingston Series of Instruments are carefully constructed to Michael's exacting specifications.