- NS Diradial Body: NS Diradial Body The concave back profile provides a sense of comfort and stability against the torso. The front of the instrument is more tightly radiused, which, in combination with the general wedge shape of the body, creates a more comfortable orientation to the right hand. The configuration of the body cutaway provides easy access to the highest frets.
- NS Radius Neck: The headless, one-piece bolt-on maple neck has 24 frets, a 34" scale and a familiar 15" radius. A volute provides thumb reference at the nut. String slots in the aluminum headplate eliminate the need for a headstock with heavy tuning machines. Conveniently accessed from the top of the neck, the heavy-duty aluminum double-action reinforcing truss rod, with its patented differential thread drive, gives both rigidity and precise relief control.
- Bridge & Saddle: The aluminum one-piece bridge and saddle assembly provide broad height and angle adjustment, allowing the player to precisely tailor the action and adjust the intonation.
- NS Patented Tuning System (US Patent 6,528,710): Fast and simple, this self-clamping precision tuning system is integrated into the body of the RADIUS. Any standard single-ball end, full-scale bass guitar string can be used. No tools are needed: simply rotate the knurled knob to change a string or tune the instrument.
- NS Polar/EMG High Impedance Dual Pickup System: Active electronics, including the 9 volt onboard preamp and EQ, integrate a magnetic custom EMG RADIUS pickup and the NS bridge-mounted Polar pickup. The EMG pickup has a radiused top and magnetic structure to optimize the tone and harmonics from every string. The Polar pickup is a unique piezo design, combining a tight and powerful low end with exceptional clarity.
Includes 1 Year Free Extended Warranty.
The WAV4 RADIUS Bass is completely about the experience, every time you pick it up. It's in the feel of the instrument before you plug it in, and it's embodied in the tone, performance and possibilities when the house lights go down.
Among the advantages of a headless bass are weight and balance. The WAV4 is just 8 pounds. The RADIUS body contours to your torso, your hands fall naturally into place, and there is no neck dive. It feels extraordinarily secure and comfortable.
The RADIUS has an expansive, practical tone palette, stage-ready in any venue. A tight, rock-solid low end underpins the exceptional clarity and harmonic integrity carried throughout its range. It's one of the differences you feel the moment you plug it in.
The intonation is spot-on, through to the 24th fret. When you need it, quick, precision tuning is at your right-hand fingertips, readily adjustable even while you're playing.
Finally, an intuitive, straightforward control setup lets you find your voice (no matter what you play), or shift gears with freedom to explore the broad sonic territory provided by the NS WAV RADIUS Bass.
Available in Crimson Metallic, Cobalt Metallic, and Matte Black.