How To Promote a Band Using Facebook and Twitter
Social Media Band Promotion Ideas
Social Media Music Promotion involves a variety of topics. Social Media Band Promotion lets you Learn how to promote a band, act, or solo artist through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets.
How To Promote A Band Using Social Media - Facebook and Twitter
Facebook Band Promotion -
Create a Facebook Band Page - Create a page on
Facebook and taylor it to your band. Every time you
post band gigs and show dates, your followers (those
that have liked your band page) will automatically see
the gig updates. Post a link to the band page on your
personal facebook page and invite all of your friends to
like your band page as well. The more followers (people
who have liked your band page) you have the better the
opportunity to grow a fanbase and get fans in the seats
at the next show. The fans that have liked your page
may also share the band page with their friends creating
more opportunities for free show promotion. See the
benefits of a Facebook Band Page below:
- Link fans that have visited your band website to your facebook band page
- Fans that have liked your band page will automatically see all updates that you post
- Built in posting list for each promotion opportunity
- Fans may post show info on their personal pages to get their friends to your show as well
- Social Media Band Promotion - Build a MySpace Music page or Create a Facebook Like Page. We are assuming you already have a personal facebook account. You would need a personal account before you create a page for a band or act on facebook. MySpace and Facebook are paid for by advertising, so this allows bands to put their music on these social media band sites for free. There is also an easy way to add your copy written songs. Add gig dates, friends, band biography, and links to sell your CD / music. These social media sites are great free Promotion resources. As you attain friends on MySpace music or Facebook, post updates to your friend list as you get shows or have CD releases. Post show dates on your Facebook profile as well for added gig promotion. Post updates on sales for band merchandise as well.
- Use Social Media To Find Gigs - Use social media outlets to your advantage when promoting shows, CD releases, tours, and offering band merchandise. This will create interest in upcoming events. It is a good idea to friend other popular bands or like their band pages as well. Some other local bands may have opportunities for your band to be an opening act. It can't hurt to ask some other local bands for the opportunity. As other bands post updates, learn from these postings as you may have similar opportunities for music promotion. Try searching for local venues, bars, or concert venues and Like their business pages on Facebook. Sometimes these local music venues will post that they are in need of bands on their facebook business pages. Once they post that announcement you will know because you have already liked their facebook page and this update will automatically post on your personal page. Twitter is another great option for posting show dates and band promotion. Link your facebook page updates to post to twitter automatically as well.
- How your Band Website can create interest in social media pages - It is still important to have a band website. Invite your website visitors to like your facebook band page or follow your twitter page. Add an icon to your website, similar to what you see at the very top of this webpage. When fans follow you on twitter or like your band page on facebook, it's like having a built in mailing list or registration. The fan has liked your page and you can now post shows and it will update on their personal facebook page every time you post.
Band Promotion Jobs
Locate Music Promotion Jobs in your city or state:
Band Promotion Book