Fender Stratocaster, ‘68, Vintage White, 1993, VERY RARE Jimi Hendrix
--- FREE DELIVERY AUSTRALIA WIDE ---
1993-94, Made In Japan, “N” serial
An extremely rare early 90’s production from Fender Japan
As a catalogue release there is the ST68TX model which was a right hand ’68 ri and part of the high end “Craft Premium” range. Then the ST68LH which was a left hand ’68 ri and part of the high end “Vintage Premium” range. Then there is what is known as an instrument store original models.
Within Japan certain instrument stores had custom made models, most of which are off catalogue releases. A Kanda Shokai Original model was the ST68JH, essentially a ST68LH left hand Stratocaster, with the factory cut nut made and neck strung up as right handed. This would give you a similar felling as how Jimi would have played.
THIS Stratocaster is the even rarer ST68R model, which is a Ikebe Musical Instrument Original model. It is similar to the above, but with the little difference. It still had the factory nut cut and strung as right handed, but the headstock logo has been flipped. So when a right handed player is using (what is essentially a LH guitar) the logo is the right way up. It has also had the side neck fret marker moved to the correct side of the neck for a right handed player.
So aesthetically everything is a little more correct for the right handed. But you still get the “Jimi” playing experience of having the body cut away on the wrong side and tremolo and controls reversed. However, the most interesting part is having the tone changed from your bridge pickup. Because the bridge pickup is flipped the poles under the low E string and the poles under the high E are reversed to a normal Stratocaster configuration. This gives you an opposite effect having the low E side sounding brighter and thinner, and the high E side being darker. This opens up a whole new world on possibilities, some good some bad, and really lets you play with tone settings. Crank up some HEAVY fuzz and you will see straight away!
Vintage White, three ply white pickguard
Alder body, Large headstock
Factory fitted with Fender USA Vintage alnico pickups
Strong DC res readouts at
7.33k ohm Bridge
6.53k ohm Middle
6.23k Ohm Neck
All the shimmer of tone and vintage warmth you expect from any Start
Schaller "F" Key Tuners
Maple neck, 21 frets
7.25” board, vintage frets, 25.5” scale
’68 period correct capped maple neck, "Fender" stamped bridge saddles, headstock decal
Excellent condition for age, a true RARE part of Fender JPN history
Includes the original Fender Gig Case
All machinery, electrical, and pickups are perfect. Some very light surface marks, very tiny and small impressions/dings, one paint chip, one faded area of pickguard from the original Fender “USA VINTAGE PICKUP” sticker. At some point in its life it has been played by a left hand player extra strap pin added for LH - as pictured.
--- FREE DELIVERY AUSTRALIA WIDE ---
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE BELOW CONDITIONS.
BY BIDDING/BUYING THIS ITEM YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE FOLLOWING.
- Items now located Brisbane, Australia. While undergoing relocation and renovations there will be temporarily no availability for pickup.
- FREE regular postage/courier is offered on all items – Australia only.
- International delivery is possible under strict conditions. Please contact us first BEFORE making any purchase to organise actual delivery costs and details.
- Guitars (of any kind), amplifiers, or cabinets can NOT be sent to a PO Box, only small items (such as effect pedals).
- Payment can be made by Paypal or Bank Deposit/Online Transfer.
- If payment is made by Paypal, the item will ONLY be posted/couriered to your registered Paypal address and name (NO alternative address).
- Do not hesitate to ask any questions, request further photos. We are always happy to provide as much info as possible on any items prior to purchase.
Model:Stratocaster '68 MIJ